Blog Archive

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Three Gorges Family


These fabulous gorges are only a couple of hours out of town and comprise some of the best scenery you could ever find. A short cable car to the top of the peak to see the Yangtze in all its moods and then down to the waters edge through tunnels where the Chinese hid from the Japanese is fasinating. Further along we came to a tributary where I got married and also relived the fishing methods of the past - see foto. I was selected to be the Groom by the Bride throwing a "ball" from her balcony, then a quick change and I was part of the Tujia Minority Group's wedding ceremony- a lot of fun. Now another story - the foto of me and my Bride was given to me by Chen Shengmei one of my night class students. His wife and son happened to be in the crowd that day; he saw her photos and said 'hej that's my teacher' and this was six weeks after the event.

No comments: