Blog Archive

Monday, September 29, 2008

Hello, I'm Finley John

Hi Grand Pa and Grand Ma, this is Finley your ninth grandchild - son and second child of Josette and Zachary. I'm using Dad's email address at the moment but will email again once my new address is up and running! Well, after cooking in Mum's tummy for 9 months I have come out a week early on September 20 at 3.30am. On Friday night the 19th, whilst my Dad and a couple of his mates were watching football on telly I decided I had had enough of the cramped living quarters of Mum's Belly and would like to be home for the Football Final. So at half time in the game at about 9.30pm I began to seriously push. My Mum fought the pain I was causing her as she knew the pain of going to the hospital early and dad missing the second half of the game would be worse. By 11pm, Dad's team the 'Cats' had secured their spot in the following week's Football Final and Mum's bag was packed so off we went to Proserpine Hospital.
After checking out the facilities and finding out Mum's best friend - the anaesthesiologist wasn't around, Mum and I decided to go for a drive in an Ambulance to Mackay Hospital. Any hospital good enough for my big sister Sienna is good enough for me. I was pretty keen to come out during the drive to Mackay in fact they stopped the Ambulance to check, but being delivered on the Bruce Highway opened the door for a new name to be added to Mum and Dad's already long list; so I held on. On arrival at Mackay we bid farewell to the wonderful mid-wife Isabel and to our speedy ambulance driver. After another hour and a half, I took my first breath of air, Dad cut my umbilical cord and I got a huge cuddle and a nice feed from Mummy.
I weighed in at 3340 grams, 53cm tall with ten fingers and ten toes, which I'm told is quite normal - but I'm very impressed! Mum is more impressed with my dimples which I hadn't even noticed. So what a week I've had. I spent another night in Hospital, whilst Dad and Uncle Pete watched football all night. Then went and visited my cousins, Uncle Pete Aunty Deb and their kids in Slade Point. Came home to Airlie Beach on Sunday. Had Nanny and Pop (that's Mummies Mum and Dad) up from the sunshine coast for a few days. Dad's going to show me off to you tomorrow with the little camera he uses on Skype. In the photo here I'm the little guy with the hat. Had quite a few other visitors, well wishes and messages - so I'll send a thank you to them all. Wow!! Lots of photos of me and the family around already.
However, Airlie Beach is not big enough for four Clarks so we are on the move. Dad starts a new job as Manager of Mackay Flight Centre from November 1, and so we have a busy few weeks to make the move! Thanks for letting me introduce myself and I cannot wait to meet you face to face. Keep well, and I look forward to seeing you in 2009.
Finley John Clark :) ps. Dad's team got beaten in the final.

No comments: